- from Milan: SS36 (MIlan, Lecco, Colico) and then SS38 (Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio).
- from Bergamo: SS342 up to Cisano Bergamasco and then follow the SS639 towards Lecco and then SS36 (Lecco, Colico) and SS38 (Sondrio, Tirano, Bormio).
- from Brescia: Lake Iseo/Valcamonica towards Edolo and Aprica, then reach Tirano. Continue along the SS38 to Bormio.
- from Bolzano/Merano: cross the Stelvio Pass (It is open in summer only) and continue to Bormio.
- from Switzerland: in winter time drive to Livigno through the Tunnel La Drossa and then to Bormio.
in summer reach Santa Maria Monastero then cross the Umbreil Pass and continue to Bormio.
- from Milan: go to Tirano and then take the Perego coach to Bormio.
- from Switzerland: take the Bernina Red Train to Tirano railway station and then the Perego coach to Bormio.
The nearest airports are the following:
- Milan Malpensa
- Milan Linate
- Bergamo Orio al Serio